Monday, June 09, 2008

Perk

OK, all I really want to do all day is complain at how stinking uncomfortable I am these last couple weeks of being prego and how I cannot wait to get this precious child OUT so I can hold him with my arms instead of with my huge belly.
However, I have a two year old. This is both tiring and fabulous. She totally keeps me present because life for her is just that. She lives for the moment in such a joyous and passionate way that it can't help but rub off every once in awhile. The other day she was coloring at the table and I was across the room. She suddenly stopped and looked up and said, "Mom! Guess what?" As I asked what, she put her little hands into action and said with great feeling, "I yub you!" and grinned.
Wow. That made the whole day worth it. And yes, we are in a super ragga-muffin hair stage with her and I don't know what to do. I can't make myself cut it because it has taken two years to even get this far. Any suggestion?

5 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Oh Abby, AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN! done being prego, a crazy 2 year old and rag muffin hair, we have so much in common! Afton looks adorable in that picture, and when stuff like that happens, it just melts your heart and makes the whole day worthwhile! Adele told me you're going to be induced! Have you set a date yet?

Julie said...

Ug. Hang in there- -and Afton is so darn cute. There are fortunately those perks every once in a while, aren't there? If not, I would be even crazier than I am now-- and that is scary.

SP said...

Sweet. I think you should give Afton a A-line cut. Not severe, if possible, but that'll keep the "bangs" growing out....

Josh said...

Soooo cute!! So Abby, I'm missing you more now that we have new neighbors.They are all moved in and I just want to run over there and pretend that its you guys! Miss you so much and I can't wait to see you guys again! Next time it will be with baby boy stubbs!

Josh said...

Yeah... that was me... Adele... not Josh...