I like the tradition we have started since being in the Boise area. We have started going to Redfish Lake every summer. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to go. This year we headed to Stanley, Idaho to meet up with our friends the Bradleys and camp for a couple of nights. Even though there were crazy wildfires surrounding us, we stayed safe and had a great time. The air wasn't as clear as in other years, but the views were still breathtaking.
We had a great little camping spot away from the hustle and bustle of other campers and got to hike, play on the lake, go fishing, and spend fun time together.
I was so happy with how Afton and Ben just soaked up every minute and played hard, slept well for the most part, and got along great with the Bradley boys. Cade did really well too as he had to take naps on the fly. I can't wait to go back next year!
Campin':
Hikin':
Swimmin':
Fishin':
Roastin' and bondin':
Sleepin':
The kids were busy the whole time climbing boulders and making squirrel traps. They played every kind of game in the woods and on the beach. They even got to catch butterflies that were abundant on our hike. I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship... of the second generation. :)

9 comments:
Looks like so much fun. Love the last picture. THough, the thought of camping makes me really tired right now! Good job mom, It takes lots of work to get ready for camping!
I love that naked baby!! Jared looks sooooo thin! what is up with that?!
he looks good, not to say he doesn't look good.
I love redfish lake.
That pic of Jared and the kids in front of the mountains is awesome! You should blow it up and frame it. We're thinking of going camping this Fri night and part of me thinks it sounds fun but then the other part of thinks it sounds like too much work with a toddler. Which part should I listen to? Did the raft work ok for you guys?
I don't know why I look so skinny, but I had that same thought. I haven't been losing any weight so it must be a funny angle. If the picture had been taken from a different angle you would have seen how fat my rear section is.
I miss Stanley and Redfish. It is so fun to go. One of my favorite places on earth and also some of my favorite people. Love the photos
Oh man! I am jealous. That looks so pretty and so fun. We miss you guys!
Looks like fun. I need a trip to Stanley.
Post a Comment