Since this is the place that I brag incessantly about my daughter, I might as well do it about my son too. Ben is great. He is a happy little guy and has been making my day by showing some huge smiles. I know it's not really in response to me yet, but watching him smile himself to sleep and occasionally let out a little giggle is really awesome. When he gives a really big smile he gets a little dimple on his cheek. Yep, we are two for two on kid dimples. Ben's is less noticeable and is on the opposite cheek as Afton, but he's got one. Cute cute.
Afton is taking this all pretty well. She has picked up a few new tricks though. When she's feeling sad or like we're not paying enough attention to her she does a dead-ringer copy of Ben's little cry and tells us "I sad." And she is getting really good at ignoring me. She'll just tune me out and go on doing what she wants to do instead of listening to me. This little act of independence can only be expected when I'm asking her to make room in her little world for a whole new person. They really get along though and she is always happy to see him and play with him.
She's still our rambunctious little kid and makes us laugh all the time. The other Sunday Jared asked her if she loved going to nursery. She said, "Uh huh. I love ALL church." with a serious look on her face and an intense cock of her head. Just so we weren't mistaken.
8 comments:
Those pictures are so cute! Little babies are so much fun!
He's SO adorable! Can't wait to meet him this summer! :-)
OOOHHH!! I can't wait to see him! So much fun! I love the picture of him laying on Afton... She looks so happy! Love you guys! I love your child bragging on your blog! Keep it up!
What a cute cute guy! And what a cute cute big sis he has!
He is so cute, Ab! I can't WAIT to hold him.
He is so perfect! Good job you two! We are so excited to meet him soon. Hope you are getting some sleep. See you soon, Love ya.
They are the cutest rug-rats ever!!
Grandma Carlston
Those are such cute pics. I love those funny faces that Afton and Ben are making. You should record and post Afton doing Ben's crying sounds cause she does do it so well.
Post a Comment