These kids of ours are growing up so fast! Ben is trying to talk all the time now and loves to try new words. I love this time of life where they can walk and kind of talk, but can't talk back! He loves to point out school buses as we're driving around and yells, "Bussss!" Ben's favorite things are cars, balls, and wrestling. All boy.
He is also pretty obsessed with football. If he sees Jared's Sports Illustrated magazine he'll sit down and carefully thumb through each page pointing out all the footballs and talking about the game (in his own language). Any time Jared turns the TV on, Ben runs into the room yelling, "Foo ball! Foo ball! Go, go, go!" and plops himself on the couch to watch a game. The other day we were teaching him all the football terms so we could impress people at parties. We taught him to say hike and tackle, and then kick, to which he put in a little demonstration, and throw, also which needed some pantomime. Pretty funny coming from such a little leg and arm.
Afton asks us every day if she has grown taller. She also gets really frustrated that it is taking so long for her to turn 4. Since her concept of time is still pretty skewed, telling her it is only three months away doesn't really help. She'll say stuff like, "I am so sick of being three! Why can't I just turn four right now???!!!" with a really good eye roll in there.
8 comments:
gotta love the eye roll!
They've both grown since I last saw them a couple of weeks ago. Ben is looking tall and stretched out.
What cute kiddies! I love the stage that Ben is in too! So much fun. They learn so much each day.
Cute!! He seems like such a big boy! Love his talking!
I love you all and miss seeing you. They change so much. And tell Afton wait tell she is my age.Yeah right like I can't wait till I'm 56.....ummmm.
Holy smokes they are getting bigger!! Ben is such a little man! Afton is a crack-up, she is such a smarty!
My Dad always told me to stop wishing my life away and to enjoy the age I was at. I obviouly had the same problem.
So fun!
Post a Comment