Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Two Weeks


Today our sweet baby Cade is two weeks old! The time has gone really fast!

We've been doing all sorts of things to stay busy...

Afton had her first ballet recital. Her costume was a lily pad... and a cute one I must say. Here she is getting an official ballerina hairdo by her Aunt Buff. Afton danced really well and had a blast!(Ben decided to go to the recital as Batman...)

Jared's mom came to help us for a whole week. We got completely spoiled with every meal prepared to perfection, the house cleaned, the kids entertained, and lots of time to recover. I was able to take lots of naps. Jared was able to stay away from lifting things over 5 lbs (a requirement of recovery from his hernia surgery). Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much to Grandma Jan!!!!
They went to the zoo
and to the park, and to the library, and on walks. It was perfect.
We also got a visit from Jared's dad. That means all the sugar they ever wanted! :)Hooray for Grandparents! We love you guys!
Cade has grown already. He spends a little bit more time awake and loves to listen to Afton and Ben tell stories and sing songs. He is a sweet little guy who barely cries (yet) and loves to make funny squeaks. Here's Afton telling him a story:
Ben is very gentle so far with the baby. He loves to give him kisses:And here they are all together... our THREE KIDS!
I've been trying to make sure I spend time with all the kids even though I am preoccupied with our newborn. Afton and I wore the same color shirt to bond. Ben just needs cuddles. So far, so good. :)
All our visitors have gone home and Jared goes back to work tomorrow. Wish me luck as I now try to take it all on by myself!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

They are just precious! What a beautiful family you've got! I just love seeing your two older children be so sweet to the baby. Makes my little heart melt! Good luck with the three-you need it!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendys said...

You can do it! Happily summer is approaching and you have a nice back yard for them to play in.

Jangs said...

sniff sniff!! I miss you. Can't believe the change in Cade just since I left. Love to you all

Emma Jo said...

You'll be great! What sweet kids and a beautiful family!

michaelstubbs said...

You look good with three kids. Don't let them eat you alive.

The Crazy Heads said...

You will do AWESOME!!!! Call me if you need to vent, laugh or cry. I will be home doing the exact same thing.

Adrie Peterson said...

Abby, this post puts the biggest smile on my face! I love your little family! Your children are all beautiful, and you are a wonderful mother--I can tell! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Julie said...

Oh my goodness-- that picture of Cade smiling is so adorable!!!! That is just so sweet! I love the lily pad costume-- how clever! What adorable kids!

SP said...

You can do it!! ANd by the way, I am totally copying Afton's b-day party ideas and games for Claire's! Thank goodness for blogs and family. Made my life easier!

Abby said...

Forgive me for painting such a negative picture of 3 kids! (Ok, really just Kindergarten :) And by the way, I had the exact same slow-to-work-epidural experience with Stella!! And had to get all crazy numb after the fact when I didn't want to be! Few people can truly understand why I feel like I have felt birth without meds. Thank you!
Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL healthy baby #3! (They are all beautiful--I love the ballerina and Batman. When I saw it, it felt so right somehow.)
Good luck with all of it. My expectations were so low that the transition to 3 was great! Expect nothing of anyone, including yourself! Just enjoy your sweet family!

Nae said...

You can do it! Aw, your family is GORGEOUS! :) Love you guys.