Now she loves to pretend to be Dad and put on his work clothes, go to work, come home and change clothes again.
Ben's latest thing is sitting. He doesn't care for rolling at all, but the boy can sit! This picture makes it look like he is tipping over, but he just got happy that we were taking his picture, so he got a bit distracted.
Now pretend that this is a separate post:
We have a HUGE tree in our backyard that I love love love.
It has been fun to watch the leaves turn yellow and drop because it is a good teaching tool for Afton. She's all over the whole Autumn thing and loves to tell me that the leaves come off the trees in the Fall.
We have been trying to keep up somewhat on the raking of said leaves, but it is quite the job! Last Saturday we finally decided to start bagging the huge piles on the lawn.
And there are still lots of leaves on the tree! Jared bought a new deluxe rake and claims it cuts the raking time in half. I think having two rakes going at the same time cuts the time in half. ;)
Although the yellow blanket of leaves on the lawn looked pretty, the ones rotting underneath started smelling like a skunk. Gross.
7 comments:
We need to give you our leaf blower that came in handy at our old house-- not so much now with our tiny puny trees. I love that big tree-- I am jealous.
Despite of all the work you have because it's fall...Autumm is one of the season I love the most!!!!
Your kids look sooo cute!!!
And Ben looks specially fun!!!
I love when kids pretend. So cute of your girl in daddy's clothes. I wish we had trees in our yard, then I look at posts like this and think we are doing okay without them :0
Afton just melts my heart- What a cutie!! I can't believe Ben is so big already!! Sitting up on his own! Wow!!
I love when kids really start to get into the pretending and imagination...it makes every day a fascinating adventure!
Your kids are SO cute and big! I can't believe your baby is sitting up...he is still a newborn in my mind!
Rich use to tell me he wanted to grow up and do my job. It is a pretty cool job. but then he also just wanted to go down the street for his mission and come home at night. He ended up as we all know in SA and wants to go back. So some how I don't think he will be a Mr. Mom. I do love the leaves. Maybe you could use a mulcher bag that sucks up the leaves and mulches them. That is one huge pile of leaves
that is a crazy amount of leaves and bags to bag hem up! whew! I love you yard!
Post a Comment