Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A tiny break from winter

We had a few days of non-winter-like weather so we took advantage and went on a hike. It turned out to be the longest one we've pulled off with kids ever! It took us an hour and a half and only a little bit of carrying was required. We hiked 1.8 miles. Wahoo!
Today it is snowing again, but at least we got a tiny reprieve from the dreary winter.

Here I am with my 6 month pregnant chubby face:

Jared and the kids about half way through:

At the summit where we could spot our house.

6 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

I need a hike like that. Nice work.

wendys said...

Those are happy little hikers. It makes me hope for spring.

Rachel said...

So great that you're getting out there, preggers and all! You're an inspiration.

Julie said...

"Preggers"?? You don't look "Preggers", Abby-- you hide it very well-- WHAT chubby face???Huh?? I wish we didn't just get snow and it were Spring. I am ready to move to southern Texas.

I love Afton's poses. She is great!

Jangs said...

They take after their hiker mom. What fun. Miss you all

Nae said...

Yeah Julie, that was the first thing I thought. Chubby face? Not even. You look radiant. And the kids look like they had a great time! Three cheers for non-winter days!