The huge tree in our back yard that has given us tons of shade, and tons of work, finally kicked the bucket. The bugs that were eating it created a huge crack down the middle of one of the thickest branches. Jared and I tried to take down the dangerous part and soon realized the job was way out of our hands. We thought we could limp the tree along for the rest of the summer and enjoy the shade it provided but it was too dangerous and we weren't even letting the kids go into the backyard to play. Sad.
Here are the photos of the end of said tree:





Goodbye old friend. Any suggestions for a replacement tree? We'd like one that grows quickly and provides good shade. A flowering tree would be nice.
5 comments:
What an operation to have done. It has to be a dramatic change.
We planted some ash trees in our yard in Twin. They grew quickly and the leaves fell off all at once each fall making clean up easy. Doesn't flower though
I am behind on the posts! I didn't realize you had already made the transition to private so I am no longer getting notifications of updates! You might want to send out an email or something.
I am partial to fruit trees but I don't have much of a green thumb so I can't give too much advice!
Flowering cherry tree--I liked the one we had at our Sawtooth house.
I am behind too! I am so sad for your tree-- that is awful to lose a good shade tree. We planted cottenless cottenwoods as tiny little bare-roots four years ago and they are now over 10 feet tall and lush. If you planted a little grove of those they would grow super fast.
I agree with mike. I was thinking a Japanese Cherry like they have in D.C.
Post a Comment